1950 MG YA
Donated by; Thomas Poole of Columbus, OH
Built by the MB Car Company between 1947 and 1953, the Y-Type consisted of a MG YA saloon, MG YT Touring version, and a MG YB saloon.
This MG YA was built in 1950 and registered in 1951
The engine of the MG YA is a 1250 cc, 4 cylinder engine with a single SU Carburetor and develops 46 bhp at 4,800 rpm.
The Y-Type models were one of the first British production cars to utilize independent front suspension.
The MG YA models featured a "Jackall System". Using four hydraulic jacks clamped to the chassis, a Jackall pump on the bulkhead allowed the front, back, or entire car to be jacked up to make tire changes uneventful.
By the time production of the Y-Type ceased, 8,336 had been made with 6,158 YAs, 877 YTs, and 1,301 YBs.